|CLADE V Summary|
in God’s Kingdom of Life.
¡Guide us, Holy Spirit!”
¿WHAT IS CLADE V?The Latin American Theological Fellowship convenes CLADE V. The Latin American Congress on Evangelization is a process of theological reflection, fellowship, confession and celebration of God’s mission in the Latin American context.
THE THREE CENTRAL THEMES:
• Following Jesus: Integral discipleship; commitment.
• In God’s Kingdom of Life: Reign of God; Life in a Latin American context burdened by multiple expressions of death.
• ¡Guide us, Holy Spirit! In the midst of triumphal celebrations about the growth in numbers of evangelicals, ours is a plea, a cry, a confession of our weakness and unfaithfulness in living as incarnated expressions of God’s reconciling love.
BY MEANS OF CLADE V, THE LATF SEEKS TO:
1. Generate a participatory movement that engages Christians, churches, agencies, institutions and movements in Latin America and the Caribbean with each other around the central themes.
2. Promote reflection on the Gospel and its significance for human beings, society and the whole of creation.
3. Contribute to the life and mission of the XXI Century churches in Latin America and the Caribeean with a growing awareness of contextual realities.
4. Serve as a platform for dialogue among Christians and between churches, ministries, networks and Christian movements in Latin America, the Caribben and the rest of the world.
5. Propiciate opportunities for the LATF to extend its service as a facilitator of evangelical reflection and a platform for Christian dialogue in Latin America and the Caribbean.
THE PROCESS OF CLADE V involves three interconnected moments: